Here Are a Few Local SEO Tips from a SCORE Houston Seminar
Call 713-234-6346 for more information about local SEO or search engine optimization, social media marketing, and local online reputation management. This post is based on a Houston SCORE Lunch & Learn session on Internet marketing.
This morning, I attended a great local Internet marketing session taught by Bruce Wedding of Thumbs Up or Down in Katy, TX. SCORE Houston sponsored the seminar at the Kingdom Builders Center in Houston.
A vital part of local SEO is the claiming and management of local online business listings. Bruce emphasized the importance of the Google+ Local business listing that already exists for most local businesses, and he reviewed the process for claiming and improving your Google+ Local listing. Here are some takeaways from his presentation:
- Local business listings occupy the prime territory in search results — right in the middle of the first page! Your local SEO challenge can be mostly solved if your Google+ listing appears there with lots of great reviews.
- Create additional local listings on other business directory websites like Citysearch.com, AngiesList.com, and others to add citations to your business across the Web. These additional citations will help improve the placement of your Google+ listing and your website in local search results. Your Local SEO problem gets smaller still!
- Add photos and videos (if possible) to your listings so they’ll market better for your business and to improve the chance that Google and other search engines will display your Google+ Local listing in the first page of results.
- Ask your customers for online reviews. Bruce has a great method for gathering reviews, but there are several ways to gather reviews that will work for your business, if you establish a process to make that happen. IX Brand SEO can also help you gather reviews for your business.
- Choose relevant keyword-rich categories for your business listings.
Bruce stressed the importance of creating your local business listings, for a local business it’s every bit as important as developing a website for your Local SEO process. He’s absolutely right that every local business should place a very high priority on claiming and improving online business listings and asking for reviews. This was a session well worth attending and thanks to Bruce for sharing his ideas on Local SEO!
If you need help developing an effecting Internet marketing program for your company? Call us at IX Brand SEO Services Company to visit about your business — 713-234-6346.
Have Some Local SEO Tips?
What’s been working for your business online? What hasn’t been working? Please share your local SEO tips in the comments section.