Call us at 281-343-3284. IX Brand SEO Services helps business owners build Internet marketing and social media marketing programs to bring more customers through your door.
Search Engine Optimization Tips for GreatWeddingDJ.com in Houston TX
IX Brand SEO helps small businesses with search engine optimization, online reputation management, and business process improvement. Located in Sugar Land, TX, IX Brand SEO works with clients throughout Southeast Texas, including El Campo, Bay City, Palacios, Richmond, Houston, and Webster. Other clients are located in Virginia and Colorado.
I’m a proud member of the Speakers Committee of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. A little over a week ago I helped support a rodeo day at Landis Elementary School near Houston and met Daniel, another Speakers volunteer, with several businesses — GreatWeddingDJ.com and Prosoundco.com. We talked about search engine optimization for his business websites and I offered to provide some suggestions for improvement. Here they are some “how to SEO tips” that anyone can apply:
- Find Your Best Keywords — I use a paid keyword research tool to identify the best keywords for clients, and a brief check identified “dj for wedding” as a good phrase for Daniel. There were 74,000 US Google searches for that phrase in a recent month, and competition for the phrase on other websites is low, so Daniel could use this phrase in various strategic places in his website to bring in more visitor traffic relatively quickly. The full keyword research process results in a list of good phrases to target in website design and for use in social media. By comparison, “great wedding dj” was used only 720 times in the US on Google during the same month. If you don’t want to hire an SEO, you can get a start in keyword research by using Google’s free Adwords keyword research tool.
- Keyword Rich Title Tags — The titles for each website page are visible at the top of the browser as you move from page to page through the website. Here on the home page, the title is, “The first day of the rest of our lives.” There are no keywords associated with wedding DJs in this title and the omission hurts the webpage in search results. For example, here’s a screenshot of Google results for “great wedding dj.” Note the bold titles with each website listing and notice how often the words “wedding dj” are used. Daniel should review each page of his website and add a few keywords relevant to “wedding DJ” to each page title. Those keywords would be identified during that first keyword research step described above. Note also that Google lists relevant YouTube videos with “wedding DJ” above the website listings. It’s another reason for Daniel to improve the use of YouTube videos as part of his SEO program.
- Page Headings and Text — Google and the other search engines place extra weight on keywords found in headings on your web pages. The search engines also expect to see related keywords in the text associated with the headings. GreatWeddingDJ.com is very attractive, but has no designated headings and very little text. So there’s very little for Google to use in evaluating the focus of the website and it’s relevance to “wedding DJ” searches from Internet users. Daniel could improve his website quickly by using the keywords identified in the first step to plan his site, and then developing headings and text associated with a few keywords for each page of the site. There’s also a page with very attractive wedding photos, but the photos are not labeled. With no labels, Google will have no way of determining what the photos are about or their relevance to any keywords. There’s a way to label the photos with Alt tags to let the search engines know what the photos depict.
Is there more to SEO than the three steps above? Sure there is, but if Daniel takes these steps, his website placement in search results will improve dramatically. He would see even greater improvement if he focuses his business on a geographic area like Houston. How to do that will be the topic of other posts. Thanks to Daniel, the Great Wedding DJ, for letting me use his website for this case study.
Call me at 281-343-3284 for help in improving your website’s Google rankings.
- Website Design and SEO tips to help improve your website. (ronmedlin.com)
- What are keywords and why are they important for SEO? (marketing.yell.com)