Your iPhone is a Tool for SEO and Reputation Management
IX Brand SEO helps small businesses with search engine optimization, online reputation management, and business process improvement. Located in Wharton, TX, IX Brand SEO works with clients throughout Southeast Texas, including El Campo, Bay City, Palacios, Richmond, Sugar Land, Houston, and Webster. Other clients are located in Virginia and Colorado. Call us at 979-531-8300 to visit about your business and goals for Internet marketing.
I had a meeting with a prospective client in Wharton, TX, last week and we were talking about ways to get reviews, recommendations, and testimonials from customers. We covered various ways to collect reviews on Google Places business listings and listings on Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, Urbanspoon, Insiderpages, and other websites. Next we talked about asking customers for testimonials and I suggested that YouTube video testimonials could help this restaurant’s online reputation and help with the search engine rankings too.
There wasn’t much enthusiasm for the video idea initially — the client was thinking about the trouble and cost of hiring a professional videographer and then arranging for customers to appear for video recording. It doesn’t have to be that hard! I asked the client if he owns an iPhone or an Android phone, and he replied that he did. I told him that with the iPhone, he has the high-quality video recording device he needs to create great YouTube testimonials. He’ll also have that video recorder with him when customers tell him how much they like his restaurant. Customers are most likely to give a strong recommendation right after a great meal — that’s the time to ask.
I started thinking of all the ways you could use that iPhone (or Android) to boost your Internet marketing effort. Here’s the list I came up with:
- Record YouTube customer testimonials to boost your online reputation. Research shows that prospective customers trust peer recommendations and unrehearsed, informal, short videos of customers talking about your products or services will be persuasive.
- Record YouTube videos and iPhone images of your customers, products, and services. It’s easy to upload them to your blog, Facebook and Twitter right from your phone.
- Record audio recommendations from customers using your phone and add them to your website as audio files and transcribe them to use as website testimonials.
- Blog and update your social media more often with your iPhone. Have a few spare moments during the day when you’re away from your computer? Use your smart phone to fill in for your computer.
- Use your iPhone to search for your business. Where does your business appear in search results? Does your website look good on a mobile device? Does Google Places depict the correct location of your business?
I’m sure there are other ways to use your iPhone to improve your search engine rankings and promote your online reputation. How are you using your smart phone?
- News on iPhone 4S (phonesreview.co.uk)